3 Credit Hours
After completing this 3-CE hour online self-study course, "Federal Tax Law Update — Tax Year 2018"
course, you will be able to identify and apply selected individual tax law provisions for tax year 2018,
including the following issues:
- Filing requirements for selected taxpayers
- IRA contribution limits, required minimum distributions (RMDs), recharacterization of Roth
- Standard and itemized deductions limitations
- Medicare, Social Security, and Net Investment Income taxes
- Alternative Minimum Tax and Estate Tax amounts
- Affordable Care Act mandated coverage
- Preparer practices and penalties
TCJA of 2017 Changes.
The 1,097-page Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) is described by many as the most
significant tax overhaul in the United States since 1986. This is only a 3-CE hour course; hence,
only selected TCJA changes are addressed in this course.