|This voluntary 18-CE hour Internal Revenue Service Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) package is now available and updated for the 2023 tax filing season.|
This package is designed for non-exempt tax preparers and includes a total of eighteen (18) CE hours.
There are two components to this package.
- The IRS 6 Hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course, including the 100-Question comprehensive Final Exam. The AFTR Course awards 6 CE hours. This course is presented in Video Training taught by Professor Arthur Reed, CPA.
- Twelve (12) additional Continuing Education (CE) hours consisting of:
- Avoiding Schedule C Tax Abuse – 4 CE Hours
- Employee Business Expenses – 3 CE Hours
- Exemptions and Filing Information – 3 CE Hours
- Circular 230 Selected Topics – 2 CE Hours
*You may request different course topics by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
IRS Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course (6 CE Hours) pre-recorded instructor led video
- e-Lessons will cover IRS tax topics by domain sections.
- Search functions for easy lookups.
- e-Lessons contain all the tax law necessary to pass the AFTR Course Final Exam.
- No need to try reading the legalese of IRS publications.
- Provides critical background information aligned with Study Questions.
- Comprehensive Final Exam
- 100 multiple choice questions.
- Minimum passing score is 70%.
- A maximum of 3 hours is allotted to complete the timed Final Exam.
- Final Exam may be attempted a maximum 4 times (most people pass it on the first or second try).
- No additional fees to retake the Final Exam.
The IRS requires all credit hours for the AFSP program to be completed by December 31st for you to be included in the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications.
All sales are final.